Innovation Sofia Lab “Moving forward: Reviewing old habits and exploring new models”
22-25 March 2023
Join this lab to meet international practitioners from across the film value chain, share field experiences, renew perspective and find possible solutions for adapting your activities.
Led by Javier Pachón (Executive Director and Head Programmer, CineCiutat, Palma de Majorca, Spain) together with Marijana Bosniak (Manager and Programmer, kino Urania, Osijek, Croatia), it is a great opportunity to share approaches and find practical solutions to some of the big questions facing the film sector such as: How can we attract audiences back to European films as trends and expectations have changed? Ticketing, membership and pricing: what new marketing strategy could we implement? How do we create new bonds with the audience through technical innovation? With rising concerns about our impact on the environment, are there more sustainable solutions for the exhibition sector? How to develop an innovative and collective project? Where to find ideas and inspiration?
- Marketing and communication: strategies for reaching out towards audiences.
- Building partnerships with cinemas and third parties.
- Bridging European film to local communities for social impact and audience building.
- Curatorship and discovery: Event management and looking beyond programming.
- Changing our mind-set and welcome change.
- Enhancing the cinema experience: rethinking the theatre environment and services.
Bring your ideas and issues to the Lab, step back from the day to day and spend time with practitioners from a diverse range of national contexts to reflect on your practice, exchange expertise and find practical solutions.
Open Slot sessions also give participants the space to share a problem, pitch innovative ideas and/or identifying potential international collaborators for new projects.
IMPORTANT: This lab is open to all European exhibitors, members of Europa Cinemas network or not. The number of participants is limited to 35 people. Applications will be considered in the order they are received. However, priority will be given to exhibitors who never attended a Europa Cinemas Lab before and to exhibitors from Central and Eastern Europe and Balkan countries.
Please note that the application deadline has been extended. Please fill in the online application form .
1. TRAVEL: all travel costs to and from Sofia are at your charge. When booking, please try to arrive before 2.30 pm on Wednesday 22nd of March and to leave on Sunday 26th morning. Please do not make any reservation until your participation is officially confirmed by Europa Cinemas.
2. ACCOMMODATION: you need to be there from Wednesday 22nd to Sunday 26th March morning (4 nights). Europa Cinemas and the Sofia International Film Festival will cover the cost of 3 nights (single room incl. breakfast) for one person per exhibition company, the fourth night being at your charge.
For your information, the single room rate will be approximately 75 euros (including breakfast and taxes). We will let you know the name of the hotel and more practical details very soon. Europa Cinemas will handle the hotel reservations and will also cover the cost of some of the meals.
3. ACCREDITATION: the Sofia International Film Festival will provide a festival accreditation (free of charge) which will give you access to all festival screenings.
4. LANGUAGE: the discussions will be held in English over the whole lab.
For more information on the seminar, do not hesitate to contact:
Fatima Djoumer, COO
Tel. +49 30 61 40 22 00, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Püscher, Executive Assistant (EC Label, Network Conference)
Tel. +33 (0)1 42 71 87 67, e-mail: email@example.com
Alexandre Tchernookov, Central and Eastern Europe Coordinator
Tel. +33 (0)1 42 71 83 62, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org