Innovation Day Lab TIFF "Changing our Mindsets by Innovating and Joining Forces"
Cluj-Napoca, 15&16 June 2023
Europa Cinemas is collaborating this year again with Transilvania International Film Festival (9th – 18th June 2023) to organise an Audience development & Innovation Day Lab open to exhibitors from Romania and the surrounding countries.
Directed by Ioana Dragomirescu (Manager, Cinema Victoria, Romania) together with Frédéric Cornet (Director, Cinema Galeries, Belgium) this 2 day Lab will be focusing on approaches to overcome growing challenges faced by cinemas, especially in Eastern Europe, by finding creative solutions within your team and by collaborating with others.
- Finding your voice: the role of communication and branding in (re)building an audience
- Smart programming: general versus niche programmes, targeting different audiences, creating events
- Keeping it real: soaring utility costs, broken projectors, old interiors - what are some (out of the box) solutions we could implement?
- Public-owned cinemas, private cinemas - overview of administration models, advantages and challenges
- Collaborating at the local, national and international level to build a more attractive and exclusive programming
- Collaborating among cinemas to overcome systemic challenges
Bring your ideas and issues to the Lab, step back from the day to day and spend time with practitioners from the region to reflect on your practice, exchange expertise and find practical solutions.
If your application is accepted, TIFF festival will cover the accommodation costs for 3 nights (14 -16 June), but travel expenses to Cluj-Napoca are to be paid by you.
For further information, please contact:
Adrian Preda – Project Coordinator @Europa Cinemas
Alexandra Boghiu– Coordinator @ Transilvania International Film Festival
For information in Romanian about this Lab please visit TIFF website.