Financial supports for Cinemas - Creative Europe / MEDIA
Since its creation in 1992, EUROPA CINEMAS set up an initiative in the film exhibition sector and created the first international film theatre network for the circulation of European films.
As part of the Creative Europe / MEDIA Programme of the European Union, and with the support of the Centre national du cinéma et de l'image animée (CNC), EUROPA CINEMAS intervenes in 34 MEDIA countries.
• To increase European programming in film theatres and to raise attendance, particularly with regard to European non-national films.
• To encourage exhibitors to develop European initiatives aimed at Young Audiences.
• To promote diversity within European programming.
• To develop a network of theatres to enable joint initiatives at a national and European level.
Present in 685 European cities, the EUROPA CINEMAS / MEDIA network supports 1,134 cinemas totaling 2,761 screens.
Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, North Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United-Kingdom.
A Countries: France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom
|English - French - German - Italian - Spanish|
B Countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Ireland, Iceland, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland and Sweden
|English - French - German|
C Countries: Croatia, Hungary, Portugal, Slovenia and Slovakia
|English - French - Spanish|
D Countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Romania and Serbia
|English - French|
Adjustment of MEDIA guideline 2020 consequent to Covid-19 crisis
Interested in joining the network? The application procedure has been adapted again this year, due to the health crisis. In particular, please make sure to take note of the programming period used as a reference. Do not hesitate to contact us for further information on the decision criteria.
The next application period is 1st July - 15th September 2021, for admission into the Network as of 1st January 2021.
The deadline to receive the applications is 15th September 2021.
Applications will be examined by the Europa Cinemas Validation Committee in October 2021.
Taking into account the particularly difficult situation due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the application procedure will analyse the programming during the last 4 months in 2019 (from 1st September to 31st December 2019) and during the first 2 months in 2020 (1st January to 29th February).
Furthermore, to be eligible, cinemas must have been open to the public during six months over the 24 months preceding the application.
In order to apply, please follow the procedure below:
1 / Confirm your wish to apply to Europa Cinemas. To do so, please send us an email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
• Name and Address of the applying cinema(s)
• Number of screen(s) per applying cinema(s)
• Name, Address, Phone/ numbers (with country code and city code) and Email of the Exhibition Company
• First name, Surname, Address and Email of the Legal Representative (Signatory)
• First name, Surname, Email and Position of the contact
You will then receive your LOGIN and PASSWORD and have access to the Member Zone.
Your application must be made ONLINE on our MEMBER ZONE (through the homepage of our website).
2 / Register your application through the Member Zone. You must refer to the Instructions on the Member Zone.
• Fill in all the information concerning the cinema and exhibition company.
• Complete the programming of 4 months in 2019 (from 1st September to 31st December 2019) and 2 months in 2020 (1st January to 29th February) (or upload it via an Excel sheet).
• Validate your application.
Please do not hesitate to come back to us. Europa Cinemas remains available for any further question or information.