Financial supports for Cinemas - Creative Europe / MEDIA
Since its creation in 1992, EUROPA CINEMAS set up an initiative in the film exhibition sector and created the first international film theatre network for the circulation of European films.
As part of the Creative Europe / MEDIA Programme of the European Union, and with the support of the Centre national du cinéma et de l'image animée (CNC), EUROPA CINEMAS intervenes in 34 MEDIA countries.
• To increase European programming in film theatres and to raise attendance, particularly with regard to European non-national films.
• To encourage exhibitors to develop European initiatives aimed at Young Audiences.
• To promote diversity within European programming.
• To develop a network of theatres to enable joint initiatives at a national and European level.
Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United-Kingdom.
GUIDELINES AND INTERNAL RULES 2020
Adjustment of MEDIA guideline 2020 consequent to Covid-19 crisis
APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP
If you’re interested in joining the Network, we invite you to read the MEDIA Guidelines (available for download above) for details about the support scheme and the conditions for eligibility.
The next application period is 1st July - 15th September 2020, for entry into the Network as of 1st January 2020. The deadline to receive the applications is 15th September 2020. Applications will be examined by the Europa Cinemas Validation Committee in October 2020.
In order to apply, please follow the procedure below:
1 / Confirm your wish to apply to Europa Cinemas. To do so, please send us an email (to firstname.lastname@example.org ) with the following information:
• Name and Address of the applying cinema(s)
• Number of screen(s) per applying cinema(s)
• Name, Address, Phone numbers (with country code and city code) and Email of the Exhibition Company
• First name, Surname, Address and Email of the Legal Representative (Signatory)
• First name, Surname, Email and Position of the contact
You will then receive your LOGIN and PASSWORD and have access to the Member Zone.
Your application must be made ONLINE on our MEMBER ZONE (through the homepage of our website).
2 / Register your application through the Member Zone. You must refer to the instructions on the Member Zone.
• Fill in all the information concerning the cinema and exhibition company.
• Complete the programming of the second semester 2019 (or upload it via an Excel sheet, see the instructions).
• Validate your application.