Sofia Online Lab
22-23-24 March 2021
Longing for the Big Screen
Europa Cinemas is partnering again with the Sofia International Film Festival (11th-31st March 2021) to organise an AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT & INNOVATION ONLINE LAB with "LONGING FOR THE BIG SCREEN" as its theme!
Due to the sanitary crisis, the Lab will take place ONLINE with 3 sessions of 3 hours each:
MONDAY 22nd, TUESDAY 23rd & WEDNESDAY 24th MARCH 2021: 2.00pm-5.00pm CET
Join in one of the two sessions of Europa Cinemas Online Lab, to spend some quality Zoom time with about 20 European exhibition practitioners (for each session) to get some perspective on your own context and exchange expertise about how to cope with these unprecedented times.
The focus for these three sessions of the Online Lab will be on sharing approaches to reopening cinemas and reflecting on experiences during the extended closure, covering topics such as:
- Bringing back audiences after long closure
- Devising programming strategies; challenges and opportunities for theatrical content
- Collaboration with and distinguishing from online screening platforms and social media
Expect practice-based insights from exhibitors as well as opportunities for smaller group discussions.
The sessions will be facilitated by Frank Groot (Programmer, KINO Rotterdam, Netherlands) with leading exhibition practitioners from across Europe:
- Metka Daris (Director, Kinodvor, Slovenia) & Mustafa El Mesaoudi (Director, Cinema and Rex Filmtheater, Germany) on Monday 22nd March.
- Alen Munitic (Director, Kino Mediteran, Croatia) & Wiktoria Pelzer (Programmer, Stadtkino im Künstlerhaus, Austria) on Tuesday 23rd and Wednesday 24th March.