Since its creation in 1992, EUROPA CINEMAS set up an initiative in the film exhibition sector and created the first international film theatre network for the circulation of European films.
As part of the Creative Europe / MEDIA Programme of the European Union, and with the support of the Centre National de la Cinématographie, EUROPA CINEMAS intervenes in 31 countries.
EUROPA CINEMAS objectives:
- To increase European programming in film theatres and to raise attendance, particularly with regard to European non-national films.
- To encourage exhibitors to develop European initiatives aimed at Young Audiences.
- To promote diversity within European programming.
- To develop a network of theatres to enable joint initiatives at a national and European level.
- To support the transition to digital projection in cinemas.
The EUROPA CINEMAS / MEDIA Network intervenes in 547 European cities and supports 902 cinemas totalling 2,130 screens.
YOUNG AUDIENCES GUIDELINES 2016:
INTERNAL RULES 2016:
ANNEX - INTERNAL RULES 2016:
INTERNAL GUIDELINES - YOUNG AUDIENCE 2016:
APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP
The next application period is 1st July - 15th September 2016, for entry into the Network as of 1st January 2016. The deadline to receive the applications is 15th September 2016. Applications will be examined by the Europa Cinemas Committee of Experts in October 2016.
We invite you to read the MEDIA Guidelines for details about the support scheme and the conditions for eligibility.
Cinemas of the following countries can apply:
Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United-Kingdom.
IN ORDER TO APPLY, PLEASE FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE BELOW:
1 / Confirm your wish to apply to Europa Cinemas. To do so, please send us an email (to firstname.lastname@example.org ) with the following information:
- Name and Address of the applying cinema(s)
- Number of screen(s) per applying cinema(s)
- Name, Address, Phone/Fax numbers (with country code and city code) and Email of the Exhibition Company
- First name, Surname, Address and Email of the Legal Representative (Signatory)
- First name, Surname, Email and Position of the contact
You will then receive your LOGIN and PASSWORD and have access to the Member Zone.
Your application must be made ONLINE on our MEMBER ZONE (through the homepage of our website).
2 / Register your application through the Member Zone. You must refer to the Instruction Guide sent with your codes or which you may download on the Member Zone’s Homepage.
- Fill in all the information concerning the cinema and exhibition company.
- Complete the programming of the first 2016 semester (or upload via an Excel sheet).
- Validate your application and download the application form automatically completed.
3 / Send us a file by post.
It should include the application form submitted on the Member Zone printed, dated and signed, the list of the initiatives by your cinema aimed at Young Audiences, copies of publications issued by the cinema, a copy of a form of box office receipts for the distributor and per email photos of both the film theatre and the exhibitor.
The MEDIA team remains available for any further information.
Berlin - Germany / 2 screens
Folkets Bio Umeå
Umeå - Sweden / 2 screens
Heilbronn - Germany / 4 screens
Athens - Greece / 2 screens
Lucerne - Switzerland / 4 screens
EYE Film Instituut Nederland
Amsterdam - Netherlands / 4 screens
Les Montreurs d'Images
Agen - France / 2 screens
Antony - France / 4 screens
Lyon - France / 6 screens
Sacha Wolff’s MERCENAIRE has won the Europa Cinemas Label as Best European film in the Directors’ Fortnight section, it was announced today by a jury of four exhibitors from the network. 2016 marks...Read more Activities - 20/05/2016