EUROPA CINEMAS MUNDUS Imprimer
Support for theatrical programming
Within the framework of the MEDIA Mundus programme, EUROPA CINEMAS MUNDUS has been offering, since 2009, a support for theatrical programming based on the circulation and exchange of films between non-EU member states and EU countries, with the following goals:
- In non-EU member state cinemas, develop the market and audience for European films by providing technical and financial support to the exhibitors for their programming efforts. In European cinemas, develop the market and audience for films from eligible countries outside MEDIA by providing technical and financial support to the exhibitors for their programming efforts.
- Bring together cinema professionals in an international network in order to improve visibility and increase the circulation of European productions and productions from eligible countris outside MEDIA.
- Foster a policy of trade and partnership between the exhibitors in all these countries thanks to professional meetings and joint operations, targeting young audiences in particular.
The countries involved in this action are in Asia, Latin America, the Mediterranean region and South Africa.
Present in 51 countries, EUROPA CINEMAS MUNDUS currently brings together:
- 212 cinemas and 818 screens situated in non-EU member states
- 487 cinemas and 1,241 screens situated in countries belonging to the European Union.
Guidelines 2013 :
Fatima Djoumer - email@example.com
Menem Richa - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info: MEDIA MUNDUS
Support to theatrical distribution of European films outside MEDIA
A. Third countries in question
The third countries concerned are countries which are not members of the MEDIA programme. In particular this includes countries in Latin America, Asia, the Balkans, the Middle East and Africa.
- To facilitate market release in third countries of European films shown at festivals.
- To encourage financial investments by distributors and exhibitors for the benefit of these films.
- To increase programming of European films in cinemas in order to raise their profile with the general public and achieve larger audiences for these films.
- To involve within an international network film professionals in third countries in promoting shared aims to ensure that European productions are shown more widely in these countries.
- Film distribution companies
- For distributors: Reducing the cost of releasing and promoting European films.
APPLICATION FORM :
Broadway Cinematheque MOMA
Beijing - China / 3 screens
Athens - Greece / 2 screens
Lucerne - Switzerland / 4 screens
EYE Film Instituut Nederland
Amsterdam - Netherlands / 4 screens
Cine El Biografo
Santiago - Chile / 1 screens
Picturehouse at Fact
Liverpool - United Kingdom / 4 screens
- South Africa / 4 screens
Kyoto - Japan / 3 screens
Lyon - France / 6 screens
Seoul - South Korea / 2 screens
Ciné Guimbi film theatre, shortly to be completed, is seeking equipment: projectors, screens, seating and lighting.
The plan to restore Ciné Guimbi in Bobo-Dioulasso, initiated two years ago and brought to public attention in Cannes this year, has been supported internationally by several important people and...Read more Highlights - 26/08/2014