News / Activities Imprimer
Activities - 13/01/2014
New Young Audience Seminar in Sofia
In 2014, Europa Cinemas is launching a new Young Audience seminar in partnership with the Sofia International Film Festival (Bulgaria) and Europa Distribution:
« RENEWING CINEMA AUDIENCES IN THE ERA OF MULTIMEDIA »
Thursday, 13th March – Sunday, 16th March 2014
Directed by Madeleine PROBST (Producer, Watershed Media Centre in Bristol, Great-Britain) together with Maciek Jakubczyk (Education Officer and Distribution Manager, New Horizons Association, Poland) and Mathias Holtz (Programming Manager, Folkets Hus och Parker, Sweden), this seminar will enable exhibitors to exchange expertise, information and experiences of programming, events and marketing strategies to attract audiences, in particular young people.
The questions raised will be:
• Programming and partnership strategies to target new audiences.
• How does the cinema venue take over from the distributor when promoting films?
• Social Media: promoting film theatres and films to young internet users. Exhibitor/distributor initiatives
• How to adapt marketing strategies set up in other sectors?
• How to train cinema staff to use new technologies.
• How can the film theatre open its doors to new content and new audiences?
For this first seminar, Europa Cinemas and Europa Distribution (European Network of Independent Film Distributors) will set up a joint half-day session to debate about the renewing of audiences for European films.
IMPORTANT: THIS SEMINAR IS OPEN TO ALL NETWORK EXHIBITORS FROM EUROPE. THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS IS LIMITED UP TO 25 PERSONS. APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE ORDER THEY ARE RECEIVED. HOWEVER, PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO EXHIBITORS FROM CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPE AND BALKAN COUNTRIES.
DEADLINE: Friday, 31st January 2014
For applying, please do not hesitate to contact:
Lucas Varone, Joint Activities Coordinator:
Tel. +33 1 42 71 12 43, e-mail: email@example.com
Alexandre Tchernookov, Central and Eastern Europe Coordinator
Tél. +33 (0)1 42 71 83 62, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org