Network conferences Imprimer20th Conference - Bucharest, 24-26 November 2017
20th EUROPA CINEMAS NETWORK CONFERENCE
BUCHAREST - HOTEL RADISSON BLU HOTEL
FROM FRIDAY 24 TO SUNDAY 26 NOVEMBER 2017
If you're member of Europa Cinemas, you can already register for the Conference by filling in the form in the Member Zone of our website.
If not, please don't hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
Sonia Ragone (Tel: +33 1 42 71 12 43 / Email: sragone at europa-cinemas.org)
Marie Lanne-Chesnot (Tel: +33 1 42 71 87 67 / Email: mlanne-chesnot at europa-cinemas.org)
That quarter of a century has been challenging in the history of cinema - not least in the transition to digital projection. The demands of an on-demand digital era are no less challenging. But the cinema experience remains essential to the business and culture of European film despite a decade of disruptive change. Independent cinemas also represent vital spaces for their communities, acting as an engine of economic growth, regeneration and social cohesion.
This conference will focus on the next stage of evolution for cinemas and for the cinema experience. It will look at the core social, cultural and economic foundations for future growth, in terms of innovation but also at how to build on the underlying and unchanging realities for the theatrical sector.
The conference aims to be an opportunity to discuss and debate the bigger picture for cinema, in the context of a changing world. It will also offer opportunities to share fresh thinking and practical ideas, emerging within the network and beyond.
The aim is for a dynamic, participatory conference, where delegates will leave with a common sense of purpose and direction. And together over the coming months and years, we hope to turn that momentum into practical action.
Around 500 professionals including exhibitors, distributors, producers and sales agents from all over Europe are expected to attend.
For the fourth time in a row, we will welcome the Europa International Conference (gathering of European sales agents) which will be held at the same time as our conference. This will once again a good opportunity to exchange on issues such as the circulation of European films and their visibility on an international level.
The Conference will start on Friday 24 November at 1pm with a welcome coffee and will end on Sunday 26 November at 3pm after the lunch.
Simultaneous translation into 5 languages (English/French/German/Italian/Spanish) will be provided during the plenary sessions and the workshops.
Picture (Homepage): Cristian Vasile, Bucuresti Optimist - Facebook
Back to the Czech Republic
4 days of screenings, debates and workshops
More than 600 professionals from all over the world
Registration online from July
The 17th Europa Cinemas Network Conference took place in Paris.
The 16th Conference has been canceled.
Special thanks goes to our Greek friends, exhibitors and distributors for their cooperation in the lead up to this Conference which unfortunately will not take place in Athens this year
naugurated by Mr Frédéric Mitterrand, Minister for Culture and Communication, the 15th Europa Cinemas Network Conference saw a new record of attendees when it welcomed nearly 700 professionals.
Inaugurated by Andrzej Wajda, Krzysztof Zanussi and Borys Lankosz, the 14th Europa Cinemas Conference was held in Warsaw from 19 to 22 November 2009 and gathered more than 550 professionnals.
Christine Albanel, Minister of Culture and Communication, welcomed to Paris, on behalf of the French presidency of the European Union, more than 500 European professionals who had taken up Europa Cinemas' invitation to attend its 13th Annual Conference
Almost 400 participants, including network exhibitors and distributors, research groups and suppliers of equipment, from 36 countries, as well as Romanian directors, producers and professionals, met in Bucharest from 15 to 18 November for the 12th Annual Europa Cinemas Conference.
Digital cinema was the topic at the heart of the debates held during this weekend event, which was organised for 500 professionals from 37 different European countries who came together in Paris at the invitation of Europa Cinemas.
Nearly 400 professionals, exhibitors and distributors from 32 European countries, including 15 in Central and Eastern Europe, met at the 10th Annual Europa Cinemas Conference in Budapest (17-20 November 2005), which was inaugurated by the two filmmakers Claude Miller and Kornél Mundruczó.
Europa Cinemas Awards
- 2016: Kino Europa, Zagreb, Croatia
- 2015: Filmhuis Den Haag, The Hague, The Netherlands
- 2014: Kino Mladost & Kino Lumiere, Bratislava, Slovakia
- 2013: Kino Artis, Tallinn, Estonia
- 2012 : Star, Strasbourg, France
- 2011: Abaton Kino, Hamburg, Germany
- 2010: Skalvijos Kino Centras, Vilnius, Lituania
- 2009: Kino Pod Baranami, Krakow, Poland
- 2008: Arthouse Kinos, Zürich, Switzerland
- 2007: Friedrichsbau & Kandelhof, Freiburg, Germany
- 2006: Grand Teatret, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2005: Müvész, Puskin, Szindbád, Budapest, Hungary
- 2004: Muranow, Warsaw, Poland
- 2003: Anteo Spaziocinema, Milano, Italy
- 2002: Cinemes Verdi & Verdi Park, Barcelona, Spain
Best Young Audience Activities
- 2016: Moviemento & City Kino, Linz, Austria
- 2015: Cine Paradisos, Korydallos, Greece
- 2014: Lumiere, Bruges, Belgium
- 2013: Studio des Ursulines, Paris, France
- 2012 : Moviemento, Berlin, Germany
- 2011: GFT, DCA & Filmhouse, Scotland
- 2010: Kinodvor, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2009: Multisala Pio X (MPX) & Excelsior, Padova, Italy
- 2008: Kino Central, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
- 2007: Film Center of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
- 2006: Cinema Paradiso, St.Pölten, Austria
- 2005: Kino Sõprus, Tallinn, Estonia
- 2004: MovieZone, Netherlands
- 2003: Folkets Bio, Sweden
- 2002: Churchill & Le Parc, Liege, Belgium
- 2016: Pedro Borges, Cinema Ideal, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2015: Mirsad Purivatra, Kino Meeting Point, Sarajevo
- 2014: Ivo Andrle, Kino Aero / Aerofilms, Czech Republic
- 2013: Josetxo Moreno, Golem, Spain
- 2012 : Stefan Kitanov, Bulgaria
- 2011: Roman Gutek, Poland
- 2010: Watershed, Bristol, United Kingdom
- 2009: Folkest Hus och Parker (FHP), Sweden
- 2008: Light House Cinema and access>CINEMA, Irleland
- 2007: Circuito Cinema, Italy
- 2006: Enrique González Macho, Cines Renoir, Spain
- 2005: Utopia, France
- 2004: City Screen, UK
- 2003: Yorck Kino, Germany