NEXT/CHANGE is Europa Cinemas’ exchange programme for exhibitors.
Launched in 2016, the main objectives of this new initiative are to:
- Enable exhibitors to travel abroad and experience first-hand new working practices in other network cinemas to improve their own skills and expertise in the areas of programming, customer relationship/data management, spaces and design, brand development and initiatives to develop new audiences, etc…
- Increase the competitiveness of their cinemas and improve the staff skills.
- Develop Europe-wide synergies and exchanges.
HOW DOES NEXT/CHANGE WORK?
- This support is eligible for exhibitors’ members of the Europa Cinemas network and also for other exhibitors from MEDIA countries[*] .
- The host cinema has to be part of the Europa Cinemas network and be in another European country than the applicant cinema.
- Applicants have to submit their project, stating objectives and expected results at least 1 month before the journey.
- Maximum 2 staff members (occupying different positions) of the same exhibition company can take part in the same exchange (each member has to submit an application form and a provisional work schedule).
- One exhibition company can benefit of this support only once per year.
WHAT DOES EUROPA CINEMAS SUPPORT?
Europa Cinemas will cover part of your travel and accommodation expenses.
HOW TO APPLY?
You have to submit your exchange project by duly completing the APPLICATION FORM . Prior to filling in this form, you have to contact the host exhibitor to make sure the exchange is possible.
If you want to apply but you do not know which cinema to visit, please contact us specifying the areas you would like to develop. We will be able to match you up with cinemas according to your profile.
This is a rolling program throughout the calendar year. About 30 projects can be supported every year. The support is allocated on a first come first serve basis.
In order to apply please return the APPLICATION FORM by e-mail to Adrian Preda (apreda at europa-cinemas.org).
For further information about this initiative please do not hesitate to contact:
Fatima Djoumer, Head of International Relations:
Tel. +49 30 61 40 22 00, e-mail: fatim at djoumer.de
Adrian Preda, Project coordinator
Tel. +33 1 42 71 87 68, e-mail: apreda at europa-cinemas.org
[*] In 2017, countries fully participating in the MEDIA sub-programme are: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Ireland, Iceland, Luxemburg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Croatia, Hungary, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia.
Berlin - Germany / 2 screens
Folkets Bio Umeå
Umeå - Sweden / 2 screens
Athens - Greece / 2 screens
Lucerne - Switzerland / 4 screens
EYE Film Instituut Nederland
Amsterdam - Netherlands / 4 screens
Les Montreurs d'Images
Agen - France / 2 screens
Antony - France / 4 screens
Décines - France / 1 screens
Lyon - France / 6 screens
Hlynur Pálmason’s first feature film WINTER BROTHERS from Denmark and Iceland has been awarded the Europa Cinemas Label as Best European Film at the 70th Locarno Film Festival. 2017 marks the fifth...Read more Activities - 14/08/2017